Life's Legalities

Sunday, April 20, 2003

in cell group yesterday, i realised a very impacting truth about God, something i knew but never saw it in this way.. many of us would know our God by many names and characteristics. names like Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides, or the famous verse in Isaiah where we know Him as Counsellor, Prince of Peace, Almighty God, Emmanuel, etc.. but i realised something new about Him last night.. Mark 10:17 talks about Jesus as the "Good Teacher". In the end, the rich young man who talked to Him turned his back on Jesus, but what i realised from this one verse was the fact that he has and will continue to be my Good Teacher. I took some time to think about this, and my mind led me back to different events throughout different days and how God teaches me something. Through His Word, friends, my family, pastors and Christian leaders, i learn new things both about God and about life. Sometimes he teaches me the hard way. I can remember some of the times where He has rebuked me for not doing things He has asked me to do, or thinking wrong thoughts, or just not looking at issues the way He'd look at it. But through it all, I know that I've learned new aspects of Him and of my life, and how to live it out the way He'd recommend I would. Its tough work trying to live our lives as Christians but let us always be assured that our Good Teacher will always be there to mentor us through our ups and downs... there's a little something to think about... let God be ur Good Teacher be taught well!