Life's Legalities

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Thanks

What would you do if you found out you had classes that clashed with all the three church services on weekends and realise, you've gotta choose? To top that off, you have the deputy principal of the college suggesting (tactfully, I must add) that you skip service to attend classes. Here's the latest: I now have classes on Sundays. They are more like revision classes to review what has already been taught. Nevertheless, its compulsory attendance. That meant not being able to go for any of my church services at all. That was something I could not accept. Going to church once a week was a non-negotiable where I was concerned. I give credit to the deputy principal, my Contract Law lecturer, for being sensitive with his suggestion of skipping service when I approached him about it. No option of changing the timetable, so he relented by allowing me to arrive late (about an hour) every Sunday so that I could go for service. Praise God for that. Here's the concept I'm putting my faith on: If you honour God, God will honour you. Its easy to skip service, but detrimental to do so. And I'm there every Sunday to corporately lift my heart in worship before Him, to tithe and learn from the Word of God. That's why its a non-negotiable. And as much as I have to skip class, that's the sacrifice I am willing to make. Nevertheless, with hard work and commitment to my studies, I believe God's going to honour that. Believe me, it is in these situations that you realise how much you've taken church service on Sundays for granted. And I thank God for the opportunity of allowing me to continue to attend service. Enjoy your Sundays...