Life's Legalities

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

here's what Mark Twain wrote: At first, God made idiots. Then He made the school boards ok, so maybe God didn't make idiots... in fact, He obviously didn't... but i think Mr. Twain had a point... that i still have to figure out..haha been studying my head off and of course relaxing my head in as well throughout the past weeks. played some football and i still check my emails. had a great wonderful chat with a friend in Canada about love and relationships too!.. oh yeah, ps. sivin has added some interesting tips on "love and other mysteries" in response to my advert.. check it out! the link is at the side of this webpage i wrote a short song while doing my devotion a couple of weeks ago. wanted to write it down in blog but i've got the opportunity only now.. so here it is: Tiada yang lain yang kusanjungi Tiada yang lain yang kuhormati Tiada yang lain yang kucinta Selain daripadaMu Yesus only God knows why it turned out to be in Bahasa Melayu, the Malaysian national language, but for those who have got no clue, here's a translation: There's no one else I honour There's no one else I respect There's no one else I love Other than You, O Lord it has spoken a lot to me in recent times since i've been getting closer to God after i had slowly "backslidden" for quite a while. I guess in all the hype and stress of what can be probably the most arduous exam of my life, God reigns supreme and really, there isn't anyone else (or anything, like exams, for that matter) to stand in the way of my relationship with Him. Only God can be God in my life.. nothing else. i've had some wonderfully welcoming emails from some big people in my life. i got one from my grade 6 teacher in the US and today, my kindy teacher emailed me all the way from the Netherlands. If there were two teachers who have made the biggest impact in my life, i'd gladly say it would be the both of them. they're both doing well and my grade 6 teacher is now 6 months' pregnant! there's a book i'm reading, a birthday gift from a friend, entitled "How Now Shall We Live?" by Charles Colson. Based heavily on the original book by Francis Schaeffer, it teaches you to look at Christianity as a worldview.. an extremely recommended must-read! it works well for me esp. when i have to study political ideologies and so many questions arise, like is the Christian doctrine of original sin (that every man is sinful since the day Adam sinned) really true? its a thick book, but a great one for the intellect alright then, i guess that's all for now... "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all" - 2 Corinthians 13:14