Life's Legalities

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

British "Madmen"

Yesterday, 2 British "madmen" ran around the world in a week. Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Dr. Michael Stroud completed the Land Rover 7x7x7 challenge, ie. 7 marathons, in 7 days, on 7 separate continents. Top that off, Sir Ranulph Fiennes - or Ran, as he is affectionately known - is 59 years old and his partner is 49. Even young athletes don't go to that extent. But as "mad" as they are, I respect their determination at the challenge and for finishing it with utmost perseverance. Here's what the Times online newspaper has to say about them. A series of articles on their whole trip, its a good leisure read perseverance and hard work (plus a lot of calories) Land Rover 7x7x7 Challenge Here's another article I got from a friend on an interesting survey. An eye-opener for one, you should all read this. Its 5-star priority and I pray that you are not like them: Guess Who Doesn't Believe In God? Here's a "Praise The Lord!!" article that was sent to me via email and the article is in The Star apparently, and I seem to have missed it during my newspaper-reading session. Here it is for all of you, a very extraordinary story and a proof to the power of the name of Jesus: Australian Woman Attacks Crocodile, Saves Teenage Nephew Lastly, I would like to thank all of you who have given me words of encouragement over my decision to skip about an hour of Sunday classes to attend church service. It has been encouraging, and I thank you very much. Oh yes, before I forget. Remember the blog entry where I mentioned about a man who tried to attack a South African rugby player during the South Africa-Samoa match? Anyway, the attacker, who fell into a concussion and learnt his lesson, was fined by an Australian court and called a "disgrace". Here's the great lesson to learn: Just DON'T do it (the Nike antithesis) Goodnight and grace be with you all............