Life's Legalities

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Arsenal won

hey Sad thing to find out Arsenal won with a last minute goal against Dynamo Kiev. A great joy for my brothers, though. Anyway, we'll just let time tell to see who's the best. I'm wondering how the sudden slight fever and sore throat got to me. I'm actually not feeling very well, but I think I'll do fine. Which makes me wanna close my eyes and plop to bed at a very soon time. I like the term of going to sleep by Franklin Dixon in the Hardy Boys series - "hit the sack". Come to think of it, I only stopped reading Hardy Boys when I was in Form 3, when I used to stay in the library supposedly to study for PMR, but would end up reading Hardy Boys for like 2 hours or so. It's very addictive, and even my youngest brother can read one book in two days! Here are a few things I've come to expect from any Hardy Boys book (and readers of the famed Franklin W. Dixon series can testify to that!) 1. The chapters are like Cantonese serials or the US series Alias - the end of each chapter just hangs in midair, waiting for you to turn the page for the next chapter. 2. Frank and Joe Hardy are now younger than me (well, at least Frank is still my age) - they are both 19 and 18 respectively. 3. Almost always, their father gets into trouble on a case, and the brothers save him. If that is not the situation in the story, sooner or later their father, Detective Hardy, will join the boys on a "coincidental" connection of the details in the case. 4. Joe is always (and ALWAYS mentioned in every book) to have fallen in love with Iola, Chet Morton's sister. 5. In every first chapter of the book, Frank and Joe Hardy are introduced first by their age, then by their affiliation with their father and then the fact that they too handle their own cases. Chet Morton is always fat and doesn't mind going to the nearest cafe at any given time. 6. Almost nothing, if anything, is mentioned about their mother, except by reference to Mrs. Hardy. 7. Franklin Dixon has some keen sense of prophecy when he always states the next mission of the Hardy boys that would be written in the next book, the title of that "next book" he gives at the end of the present one. Therefore, the suspense of the present mission ends, but the reader is caught up with wanting to know what the next mission is! I guess I've got it all down. If you have anymore to say, feel free to shout it out! Here's another Boundless biscuit for you all to chew on: What I Don't Understand About Men And Food