Life's Legalities

Monday, November 24, 2003

E03 on the way

I've not been as unwell as I've been since last year. Having fever and a bit of migraine, plus cough and flu. Its one of those viruses I think. Anyway, I hope I'll be well and able to go for E03 starting tomorrow. My involvement with Power Games only starts on Wednesday, so I hope I'll be totally well by then. Anyway, some joy to find that England won the Rugby World Cup. As I mentioned earlier, the missions speaker, a fan of the All Blacks (because he's Kiwi) was quite happy with the result. Top that off with Jonny Wilkinson winning the Player of the Year award, Clive Woodward named the Coach of the Year and the England team - you guessed it - Team of the Year. 3 awards for a year-long record of successes against the Wallabies and All Blacks (not to mention the Springboks and Les Bleus). Its amazing to find that I've only fell in love with rugby last month, when England faced South Africa in a group match, and now I'm quite familiar with how the game runs and understand the fun (and gore) of one of the world's worst contact sports. Its interesting to also discover that although rugby is, in some ways, "violent", I am impressed with the level of sportsmanship involved. Where else on earth can you find captains and coaches of losing teams congratulating their winning opponents and placing them in high regard? Not in football, that's for sure. That's my short opinion of the game. Its interesting, that's for sure. I'm not sure if anyone reading this blog is a Muslim, but here goes anyway: Selamat Hari Raya! For all the rest of us enjoying a holiday during this festive season, please make sure you're careful on the road. Accidents have already started to occur amongst those on "balik kampung" mood. God bless