Life's Legalities

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Here's what has happened

Thanks for all your patience. Here's what's happened over the past days: 1. I passed my theory test for driving, got 47/50. I'm pretty glad. The guy I went with failed first time and had to resit it (after paying RM 25). Anyway, praise God for that. I've got the workshop class tomorrow afternoon. After that, I officially have a "L" license to work with. 2. I was busy working on an assignment. In my course, an assignment is actually to answer an exam question with references to research and subject material. We have a whole list of past year exam questions and the lecturer will just choose one of them for us to work on. Anyway, I was busy working on my criminal law question and was almost at the finish, only having a little bit more to discuss. It was then that I got stuck, so I called a friend to ask how she would've answered the question. And here's the reply: "Eh, you did the WRONG question lah." Oops. True enough, I had actually done the wrong question. So I had to start on the actual question right after that but I managed to finish it today, in time to hand it in. And also at the expense of another question for public law (different subject). And because I didn't want to waste my time on the wrong question, I handed that one in as well and the lecturer gladly obliged. So that's two exam questions answered. 3. Wai Peng has just finished his SPM exam. He's relaxed, and he ought to. He's looking for a job soon, because he wants to earn some money to get back to Kuching and also for an electric guitar. Hoping that will turn out good. 4. New Zealand defeated a spirited French side in the third placing playoffs today in the Rugby World Cup. The score: 40-13. I only managed to see the last quarter of the game and I must say I am impressed with the French who, unlike the All Blacks, have come a much longer way. They were favourites during the group matches and were predicted finalists. Sad thing to have lost to England in the semifinals, but my respect goes out to them. Salute! Read about it here. England face world champions Australia on Saturday in the finals. Hope to get a good game at hand. Pundits claim that it may be a more boring match than a NZ-France final. Anyway, I'll have to miss the game because of classes. Sad thing, isn't it? I guess that's been much of the happening lately. I've got some exercise coming up for me tomorrow morning. Jogging with the men-of-the-house. Its been a long time, so it'll be great to get back on the jogging track. Till then, may we all exercise and keep fit to do the work of God!