Life's Legalities

Monday, November 17, 2003

I coined a phrase last Friday. In relation to an email I got from a friend asking some of those tough theological questions like whether we can change God's mind, I thought about it and suddenly, it came. The phrase: "If we knew all about God, He wouldn't be God" Really, I mean if we knew all about God, where would the belief that God is omniscient, omnipresent, almighty, and everything else fit into our carnal minds? It is truly because we are not able to fully grasp the greatness of our God that makes Him the most glorious, majestic and powerful being there ever was and ever will be. The glory of God would be reduced to bits if we knew all about Him. I'm trying to find a good analogy of this, so help me if you've any good way of describing it. But as for now, take heart if you do not know all about God. No one else besides Jesus knew all about God (plainly because He was God Himself) and it would take us more than our lifetime to discover Him. Really, only when we see Him in heaven can we bask in the ultimate glory and majesty of the Great One. However, allow me to qualify this statement by saying that as Christians we should not take this to mean we don't have to discover more about God and know Him personally. We all should continue to strive to know God deeper and closer than we have ever been. I'm learning and so should the rest of us. There was another quote I learnt in E03 training last Sunday, but I'll have to reserve that till after the conference, because it is an essential part of the lessons to learn and would be killjoy to tell those who are going to participate now. I'll tell you once E03 is over. I promise. I have my driving theory exam tomorrow at 8 am. Please do pray for me. The sample questions and answers book they gave me had so many mistakes in it (I think) that when I go tomorrow, I'll really have to trust God and ask Him to help me remember everything I read in the "reference" book. Lastly, just a really great story of sportsmanship that happened in the New Zealand - Australia rugby match last Saturday that I'm quite touched with. Read about it here. God bless and may you experience great joy!