Life's Legalities

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Wow

I had a really interesting time last night at the FES 40th Anniversary Dinner in Tropicana. Firstly, since my classes ended late, we reached Tropicana late as well. But not to fear, the food came later than expected as well, so I didn't miss much. Secondly, it was great to see many people whom I had not seen for a while, including the HELP Institute CF committee members and other friends. That was cool. Here's the most interesting and awkward of all: my dad was also at the dinner - and I had no idea! I knew my dad was going to go for a dinner, but I didn't know it was the same dinner I was attending too. Anyway, at the dinner hall, he sat in the front (he got a free invitation by an FES exco member, I got a free ticket from someone else) while I happily enjoyed myself at the back. We never met throughout the night and I only found out this morning when I told my dad about the dinner. Imagine the surprise on my face! But it was a good time nevertheless. I've been really busy over the past weekend. I was out from the house on Saturday by 7:30 am and only reached home at 12 something am. I slept for 7+ hrs and got up at 7:45 am to rush for church. After that, I went to college for classes and then back to church for E03 training. It was really tiring and I'm going to sleep soon already (I've got an assignment due tomorrow as well, which I think I'll do early tomorrow). I'm just bummed out. What a way to start the week, but I hope it'll get less tiring soon. With E03 coming up next week, it'll not be easy to relax a lot. SIB KL (my church) launched their new album, Power, today. My parents got the album as well. I haven't listen to the whole thing yet, but from the clips I've heard, its a pretty good first-time attempt. I wanted to buy one or two as gifts, but unfortunately, my pocket is running dry. I'm trying to live out on a pretty small amount of allowance. I can survive, though, but definitely not enough to enjoy some luxuries. So I'm really sorry if I can't get any for you guys. Once I listen to the whole recording, I'll give you my reviews and you can get it too. Its RM 25 (sorry for those outstation, I don't know shipping and handling costs.. hehe). But on the whole, I'm proud of the success of the album and more so how God has really led the church through to realising dreams and maximising potential within the church. Its truly a product of God's design and I believe it will be a great blessing to many people as well. Okay, my bed beckons. My eyelids are ceasing to lift themselves above my eyes.