Life's Legalities

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Good carolling, kids happy

The kids were all smiles today. The CF conducted its annual Christmas Care Campaign by getting students to buy gifts for children from Precious Children's Home. We had overwhelming response, to the point that each kid eventually got at least 3 gifts. The smiles spoke enough. We played games with them and after the whole ceremony, the kids went to the student lounge to sing some carols. After theirs was over, the CF took over and finished off today's carolling performance. Wonderful stuff. I reckon I see a lot of improvement in my voice. Some of my friends said I strained to reach some high note. I think I wasn't straining, honestly, but that was how it sounded. So I gotta work on that for tomorrow's performance. We had the deputy principal of Kemayan ATC (my contract law lecturer, someone I highly respect) to give a speech during today's Meet The Kids session. I liked what he said. He urged the CF to do more of this next year. Instead of once a year, he recommended two or three times a year. Furthermore, he suggested that ATC students go to these homes rather than have them come to our college. When I talked about blessing the college, this was exactly what I would love to hear. To top that off, our deputy principal is a non-Christian (who had once asked me to make an effort to skip church for the Sunday classes). That's impact. By prayer, we hope he may even come to know the Lord for himself! A lot of the sponsors of the kids' presents were students, but also many from lecturers, Christians and non-Christians alike. They were quite willing to spend time with them, play with them, do the "twist", "moo" like a cow, everything.. Awesome fun, but also just the idea that we've done something to bless the kids as well as our students and lecturers has been amazing. Praise God for that. Tomorrow, we will be carolling one more time. This time, I better drink a bit of water before singing. I didn't do that today. Silly me. Oh yeah, I've uploaded E03 pictures, but there are not that many. I also uploaded one picture of some work I did with Adobe Photoshop. Nothing much, just thought I'd put it up anyway. By the time you read this, some of the pictures from today's Christmas Care Campaign might be up already. So go ahead and have a look! Well, good day today, and praise be to God. Tomorrow's a big day, exciting one too. Looking forward............